FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Aimed at ISDI students and xISDI worldwide who are leading technology-based projects between definition, pre-seed and seed stage, less than two years old.
Potential entrepreneurs with an association with ISDI are helped on the journey to creating a startup company. Participants will have access to training, mentoring, investors, among other services, to take their idea and convert it into a successful commercial venture. After the experience of helping several startups scaling up their projects, the approach is demonstrated to be effective.
The incubation program will be delivered in two phases: ISDI Start and ISDI Start UP.
Each person interested will have the opportunity to join ISDI Start, a nine-day long training bootcamp with a very practical approach that will help participants to work on their value proposition, team definition, prototyping, technology & operations, go to market and pitching.
After this initial phase, up to 5 finalists will be invited to join ISDI Start UP for the development of an MVP in two months in which ISDI provides a number of benefits (two-month online incubation program, demo day and other events, visibility, access to relevant investors and corporates and external services at favorable conditions, etc) in exchange for a percentage of the startup equity.
ISDI doesn’t charge any cash for this program. ISDI Start is completely free. We fund the programme by taking a small equity charge in the companies we support into ISDI Start UP and beyond. This means that when these companies are successful, we get some returns that allow us to be there for the next program.
You can submit your application to the program at the following URL: hub.isdi.education/application/new?program=isdi-start-5th-edition
The deadline for submitting your application is August 31st 2022 at 23:59 p.m. CEST.
All the participants will be entitled to the following package of services:
- Training bootcamp: this bootcamp is designed to help startups gather more knowledge in the areas they need to launch their project, with a practical format and featuring speakers from leading organizations.
- Team: one of the main goals is to help participants finding the team they need for building a very successful project.
- Visibility: through communication and networking.
- Potential access to a two-month online incubation program
Up to five projects will have the opportunity to join ISDI Start UP. This incubation program will include the following:
- Business mentors: each participating team receives two months of individual sessions with a high-level mentor custom-matched with the startup. Mentoring follows a personalized methodology and addresses current needs the project is experiencing.
- Specialist mentors: startups can also learn from successful and veteran entrepreneurs, experienced investors and C-Level executives from big corporations/organizations such as Google, AirBnB among others. All of them have extensive experience working with startups.
- External services program: participants have access to significant discounts from technological, marketing, legal and talent services, among others, provided by renowned companies such as Amazon, Google Cloud and more.
- Visibility: communication and networking.
- Demo Day: at the end of the incubation program, the finalists will present in front of private investors, other executives from large corporations and media.
- Financing: each startup joining ISDI Start UP will have access to ISDI Investors Club.
This program is looking to offer the best experience for startups during ISDI Start and the following incubation program. That is why we ask for the following:
- To attend our training bootcamp and to share your ideas with other people attending the bootcamp.
- When you sign up for ISDI Start UP, we take a 5% equity charge on your company. This is fully dilutable, so if you get future investment then you’ll see the percentage we own decrease. This equity charge is in exchange for the support package we offer.