FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
On the way to becoming a mobility company for all and as part of Toyota’s Environmental Challenge 2050, Toyota has teamed up with ISDI Accelerator and created the Toyota Startup Accelerator — recognizing startups with breakthrough solutions in four areas:
- Mobility for all
- Carbon neutral
- Circular economy – plastics
- Life Cycle Footprint Ecosystem
Please go to the official website (https://accelerator.isdi.education/toyotastartupawards/) and consult the Guide for Applicants for more information about the program. You can submit your application to the program at the following URL:
The deadline for submitting your application is 14th September 2021 at 23:59 p.m. CEST.
Yes, although startups presented within the verticals listed above will be given priority, projects that address other challenges or themes will not be eliminated.
The 10 finalist startups will be entitled to the following package of services and perks:
- Online Bootcamp: during 5 days we will give to all the startups the same baseline starting point in a online training bootcamp where they will learn from Toyota, expert speakers & entrepreneurs:
- Objective: Balance the knowledge level of the startups in different key areas and therefore maximize the outcome of the mentoring program that follows.
- Welcome: Welcoming the 10 startups to the Toyota Accelerator & Program explanation.
- Training content: Classes and workshops with top experts in key areas such as: Marketing and Sales, Product & UX, Finance and Funding, KPIs & metrics, Agile & Tools, Internationalization, Talent & Hiring, etc.
- Networking: A networking session will be organized, so startups, Toyota and ISDI can meet in an informal way to foster the relationship. This online event is designed to help startups gather more knowledge in business areas, with a practical format and featuring speakers from leading organizations, including ISDI and Toyota.
- Access to Acceleration Program: Up to five of the ten finalists will be awarded the entry in the Toyota Startup Accelerator. Winning the award entails a fast track to an Acceleration Program powered by award-winning ISDI Accelerator. The Acceleration Program will include the following perks:
- Financing: each startup that enters the Toyota Startup Accelerator will receive funding as well as many other perks which are written below.
- Business mentors: Each participating team receives up to six months of individual sessions with a high-level mentor custom-matched with the startup. Mentoring follows a personalized methodology and addresses current needs the startup is experiencing.
- Toyota guides: Toyota executives working as a bridge between the project and Toyota. Matched with each startup, the Corporate Guides will have a session with the startup every 2 or 3 weeks considering their availability.
- Specialized mentors: Startups can also learn from successful and veteran entrepreneurs, experienced investors and C-Level executives from big corporations/organisations such as Google, AirBnB and NASA. All of them have extensive experience working with startups.
- “Perks” program: Participants have access to significant discounts from technological, marketing, legal and talent services, among others, provided by renowned companies such as Amazon, Braintree, Marketo, Sendgrid, and more.
- Demo Day: At the end of the acceleration program, the finalists will present in front of Toyota executives, private investors, and other executives of large corporations and/or media.
- Welcome: TME + ISDI welcome the startups, private investors and (potentially) media.
- Demo Day contents: The startups pitch in front of the audience, and have (potentially) private meetings with TME and private investors to discuss their growth and potential investment. TME could consider co-investment with other private investors.
- Networking: A networking event will be organized, so startups, Toyota, ISDI, private investors and media can informally meet in a relaxed atmosphere
This program is looking to offer the best experience for startups during the startup Accelerator and consequently the following acceleration program. That is why we ask for the following:
- Commitment: To attend the online training bootcamp, and the Acceleration program activities and events described before.
- Priority in cooperation: The winning startups are expected to always consider Toyota among other options for future cooperation and possible investment discussions.